Monday, February 25, 2013

The Update

Well no new lambies since Juniper was born. She is doing wonderfully by the way. Taking her bottle and being spoiled :) She has mastered the art of escaping the bath tub and has decided the 1st floor of the house is her play ground.

Her trip to the barn today was fun. She got to play with the other little lambs and spend time with her mother. I seriously thought my fingers were going to fall off after hand milking her mother. Guess Im going to have to build up some milking muscles especially if we are going to be milking off Junipers mother everyday. Dad bought a battery powered milker that works for sheep and goats off of ebay.... I guess we will see how this works but we always have the trusty back up of hand milking.

Our shearing date has been set for March with Emily (see her blog here! ). Can't wait to see her and Lydia!

I have been toying with thebidea of taking a fleece and having it processed into yarn as apposed to roving like we usually do... I haven't exactly had time with work to spin and i have so many knitting projects I want to start on!

No comments:

Post a Comment